September 14, 2003

Demonoid Invitation Code Scam (Update 3)


You've probably noticed a new announcement on their site
regarding the display of posts:

"Please note that due to a few people trying to take this site
down and attacking the comments section we are having to
moderate all comments for 24 hours before posting them".

Can't imagine why anyone would be unhappy about getting
an invitation code for the Demonoid Torrent site, can you???

They were delaying posts for 24hrs at one stage but going by
the time stamps, not at the moment.........even if you're on
Australian time!

Just something minor that I also noticed on the request page,
was the 'missing' section of displayed posts.

If you look at the following:

Please consider me for an invite. -Thanks
Posted by Jeffro Bodine on Thursday, 09.13.07 @ 21:20pm #18529


hii need an invitation to the demonoid site plz
Posted by Ricardo on Thursday, 09.13.07 @ 21:00pm #18528


Don't know why there's such a big jump in numbers between
the posts above and the ones below?

These were actually consecutive comments on their web site.

id love to have an invite code please help me out :)
Posted by marck on Wednesday, 09.12.07 @ 16:37pm #18361


Would Someone please send me an invite to demonoid?Thanks a lot.
Posted by Alex on Wednesday, 09.12.07 @ 16:26pm #18360


I suppose if you leave a large block of numbers out occasionally
then by the time they've disappeared of the displayed list
any newcomer will never know and just simply think,

"Wow..........at 18500 requests this must be a popular site to
score an invite code".

That's a lot of people getting a Demonoid invitation code!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Hello,

Thx a lot for your blog, I was typing my emailadress in the subcribe-bar of the site, but then changed my mind and did an extra search on google to check their credibility. I luckily stumbled across your blog and was resqued from the spam.

I also have a question about the codes, did you already figure out what is needed to generate a new code if you already have an account? Because if it is the amout of data uploaded, then maybe I can easily help with creating new codes. I have pretty nice internet connection (100Mbit down, 10Mbit up, I could upload 100gigs a day at full speed). If you're interested in creating new codes, then i could help you, if not, then ill have to try and hope that I can sign up at the rare open registrations of demonoid.com.

If I say it very bluntly: You give me a code or an account and I will try to create new codes. (if data uploading really is the criterium for new codes)
I know this sounds very fishy, It could be that I just want to take advantage of you (the internet is a dangerous place) but maybe I can prove myself somehow trusthworthy.

So don't just trust me, but please take my offer in consideration :P

Demonoid Blogspot said...

monkey

As far as current members being able to generate an invitation code, I think it's a time consideration thing.

As a previous poster stated, "I've uploaded 8.5 gigs and have a 45:1 ratio, and still can't make any invites".

Surely a member wouldn't have to exceed this sort of upload amount or ratio to gain an invitation.

I guess it's just a matter of being patient.