November 22, 2007

Demonoid Invitation Code Scam


**Please read the following posts if you want to be informed
about a SCAM site supposedly offering you a free Demonoid
invitation code or go directly to the text in RED further down this
page for instructions on how to get a Demonoid invitation code**

Have you signed up at the following site for your Demonoid
invitation code?:

http://www.demonoidinvitationcode.com/

DON'T DO IT!!!

Your email address will be reduced to a junk-mail folder in a
very short space of time!

Chances are you've already done it as the site is listed at #1 on
Google whereas this Blog has only been as high as #3.

A search on Yahoo! for 'Demonoid Invitation Code' will show a
#1 listing for the bogus site but this Blog isn't even in the Top 100.

Nobody likes to admit they've been duped but at least you
haven't lost any money!

I fell for for these hustlers out of desperation to get an invitation
code for Demonoid.

It's merely an email-harvesting racket to get your email address
without actually giving you an invite code for the Demonoid
BitTorrent tracker site, which you can find here:

http://www.demonoid.com/

If you don't believe me then try it by opening a new email
account at somewhere like Hotmail, GMail, Yahoo, etc and
only use this account for signing up.

In theory your new email address should only receive your
supposed Demonoid invitation code and not unsolicited mail.

Well, watch the junk-mail start pouring in and guess what
..........no Demonoid invite code!

It wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to on-sell the Demonoid
invitation codes they do receive (if any) to other people who are
desperate for them.

You'll notice how they don't give any recommendations from
people who've received Demonoid registration codes and only
list people who are requesting them.

They're up to around 13500 requests so far which would make
it quite lucrative for someone selling a 'live' email list or trying
to make a 'fast buck' selling the Demonoid invitation codes.

There's no shortage of listings for them on eBay.

The Demonoid site is very difficult to register at because
of it's popularity with people wanting to download torrents,
therefore it's rarely open for new registrations.

If you think that I'm affiliated with Demonoid in some way or
I'm just someone who received an invitation code but got banned
and is simply p****d off, then I can understand that.

You have nothing to lose by trying to get a Demonoid registration
code except to have your email address used as a junk-mail inbox.

In which case, go for it!

I've got nothing to gain by doing this as I'm not asking you to
send me an invitation code, email address or money. I don't even
have any sponsored links from this site.

I'm just trying to steer people clear of these sharks.

So if you don't like being deceived to 'line someones pockets',
then you might want to try somewhere else.

Here are some sample postings by people requesting at the
bogus site who've realised it isn't as genuine as it claims to be:

I have been waiting for over a month for this. I feel this site is
bogus, collecting e-mails. Beware.
Posted by Mikey on Wednesday, 08.15.07 @ 20:37pm #11989


this shit is so fake, never got my code!
Posted by fake shit on Wednesday, 08.15.07 @ 21:02pm #11996


dont do this this is all a big trick to send u junk mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will not ever get a code
Posted by dont do ittt11 on Friday, 08.17.07 @ 17:22pm #12572


this is fake i did this like 2 weeks ago still no code. I got something
that said the person only had 3 and 4 peope wanted it i had to
register to other sites and the person who sent it gets 5 dollars
every time you register so beware!!!!!
Posted by maxpayne on Friday, 08.17.07 @ 15:51pm #12545


Even a humourous hopeful request:

My lowly sense of suplicatory grovellatation is matched only by
my fervent and zealous desire to have and use the code for good
and right in an evil and poosuckious world. Long live the code
holders! Hooray!Hooray! Up with Data! Down with other things
of various sorts! Love be to you, o' code holding Lords of Demonoidica!

As of August 22 they are now moderating all comments posted
so you won't hear about anyone who's realised it's just a scam,
only the people pleading for a Demonoid invitation codes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad, but true.
NO INVITE WAS SEND TO ME. Owned 8(

I just hope people would find this site first, when googling for:
demonoid invitation
demonoid invitation code
demonoid invite code
get demonoid invite code
free demonoid invite code
for demonoid
demonoid.com

Unknown said...

I was scammed too! I been trying to sign up for demonoid for 4 months now without any success. By the time I get home from work the registration is already closed on the first day of the month. No one will help me at all no matter what I do. I need to download the torrents because I'm too poor to afford to go to the movies or get any nice games. All my money from work goes for bills and paying for my grandfather's medical bills. :(

Demonoid Blogspot said...

rebecca

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you can get into Demonoid soon.

They seem to have been closed for registrations for a while now.

Claire said...

Thanks for this. Your blog is now #2 on Google search for "Demonoid Invitation Code". Fortunately the word "scam" jumped out at me from yoursearch result so I came here before I went to the scam site. Glad I did!

Demonoid Blogspot said...

claire

Thanks for your comment.

Happy to have helped out. I'm surprised to have achieved such a high ranking at Google. It seems to have had some effect on the number of people signing up at the rogue site which is good.

I wish I could register a decent ranking at Yahoo as well but no such luck. I'm not even on the radar....yet.

Hope you find an invitation code soon.

Anonymous said...

They may be harvesting addresses, but since you need to request an invite by adding your email address publicly to their comments anybody could be harvesting the addresses.

Demonoid Blogspot said...

anonymous

When requesting an invite on the bogus site there's provision for listing your email address that is seperate from the comment field. It won't show when your comment is posted unless you're one of the people who've mistakenly list their email address in the same field as their comment.